Designing and Writing an ESL Textbook

<b> Forum for material writers </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

ejmlab

Designing and Writing an ESL Textbook

Post by ejmlab » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:58 pm

I thought it might be interesting to share some ideas on the textbook development process. This could include anything from Needs Analysis, content creation, layout and design, licensing issues, publishing and printing. I've set up a blog with some of my ideas, hints, suggestions from my experiences. It's called Textbook Templates and you can find it at http://fontispublishing.com/textbook. The fact is there's not alot of information out there and I'd be interested in hearing from other people on their process and experience.

Cheers

M.Hull

writing textbooks

Post by M.Hull » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:58 pm

Thanks for this great resource. It is very helpful because it is genre specific. Prentice Hall Publishers and others also offer help to would-be authors. These services are offered on publisher's websites.

Once again, thanks.
Melodie
Canada

Danielprice

ESL

Post by Danielprice » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:19 am

Hai..

A lesson plan is a road map for teachers and students to follow. It also allows observers to know and understand your educational choices. A tough ESL class can be a teacher's frightening, especially if you don't speak the students' native language.

Some tips to follow:

Be prepared with lesson plans and corresponding charts.

Set up a system of rules, rewards and consequences.

Arrive to class early. It will help you to interact with students freely.

Get your students' attention.

Explain the rules.

Keep their attention.