A Question about Teaching work

<b>Forum for teachers teaching TOEFL </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

jon.krause

A Question about Teaching work

Post by jon.krause » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:51 pm

Hello everyone,

Thank you for taking time to read my forum post, i know it has been asked like a billion times im sure, but i must ask, are there still countries where you can teach english without having a university degree? I know i have been practising for many months working on my thai, and soon will be enrolling to volunteer doing english tutoring to newcomers to my province, and taking a online TESOL course but i really don't want to do all this and spend the money only to find that i cannot work anywhere because i do not have a degree I know i have read alot of different places saying that indonesia was the place to go for teaching without a degree until i read recently about a new immigration law about having to have a degree to teach now, and also thailand now more and more has been cracking down on illegal english workers, i guess i just want to know is there still any hope that anyone knows of being able to teach english preferbly in asia, but any other places? again thank you so much for taking time to read my article and i really hope i can get some advice

Cheers

danielwelsch

Post by danielwelsch » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:30 am

I've been teaching for a long time in Spain, with no degree.

My experience is that if you show up at the right time, when they need teachers, they don't much care about your qualifications.

Have fun,
Daniel.