classroom activities

<b> Forum for discussing activities and games that work well in the classroom </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

lip420

ESL Activities on Video

Post by lip420 » Wed May 04, 2011 3:22 pm

Here's a list of ESL activities that are fun and educational. They are organized into categories (games for vocab, warm-up, teaching numbers, etc.) and then student level.

You'll find over 60 games and classroom activities there on video.
Last edited by lip420 on Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

math

Post by math » Tue May 17, 2011 4:15 am

A lot of people promoting their websites here!
How can we engage students better in our activities! A lot of them seem to have no passion at all. Any ideas?

keh-english

Post by keh-english » Wed May 18, 2011 1:48 pm

It depends on the age and/or level of your students however I recommend visiting www.keh-english.com... there you will find great flashcards and phonics materials for using in the classroom.

Flashcards are fantastic for not only teaching vocabulary but can also be used for a huge variety of different games.

If you need more help with game ideas, feel free to contact me at www.keh-english.com

keh-english

Post by keh-english » Wed May 18, 2011 1:54 pm

The passion of the student is fueled by the passion of the teacher. If you think carefully about your students, find out what they like, what they can do, what their needs are as students, what their strengths and weaknesses are you will be well on your way to getting them engaged in your lessons.

The next and most important key step is preparation. Prepare your lessons well, and incorporate back up plans in your lessons. Arrange your lessons to incorporate topics and activities that you know your students will like. Keep the lessons simple to follow but challenging to learn.

Students need to feel like they are actually learning something or else they will become bored and disheartened.

I have been teaching esl for almost 10 years and have experienced all kinds of students of all ages from 3 to 70...

For great flashcards that are useful for so many things in an english class, especially with kids... check out www.keh-english.com

Enjoy your teaching! Enjoy your learning!

barnurubble

Re: classroom activities

Post by barnurubble » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:15 pm

Emily Jia wrote:Where can i find some interesting activities to motivated students in the classroom? Do you know any good websites? I'm looking for your reply, thanks.
Hi, have a look at www.tigertesl.blogspot.com I have been using it for years and it has some great ideas