Word for "fear of using up my last pen"

<b>Forum for the discussion of Applied Linguistics </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

Sally Olsen
Location: Canada,France, Brazil, Japan, Mongolia, Greenland, Canada, Mongolia, Ethiopia next

Word for "fear of using up my last pen"

Post by Sally Olsen » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:32 am

My friend is writing a story about the Last Pen and needs a word for the phobia of not having any more pens which are his only method of communications. Any ideas?

jotham

Re: Word for "fear of using up my last pen"

Post by jotham » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:38 am

Sally Olsen wrote:My friend is writing a story about the Last Pen and needs a word for the phobia of not having any more pens which are his only method of communications. Any ideas?
Penultimataphobia?

fluffyhamster

Post by fluffyhamster » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:59 am

Stylolossophobia? (Stylus + loss + phobia). Though that might bring to mind materials to "write" on other than paper (e.g./i.e. clay tablets, like the Sumerians used). Which in turn makes one wonder why the story couldn't be called 'The Last Sheet' (something I'm now working on, but it's about being trapped in a public lavvy with nothing left on the bog roll after doing a number 2...anyway, I'm sure ESL students especially will get a kick out of the minimal pair practice provided by the contrast of sheet with...well, you can probably guess! :lol: :D ).