Summer Party Ideas

<b> Forum for discussing activities and games that work well in the classroom </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

MikeW

Summer Party Ideas

Post by MikeW » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:53 am

Hello Everyone!

I'm in control of the aforementioned party and I could really do with some ideas. The party's for adults, indoors and the games/activities should be related to the idea of summer. The budget is next to nothing -- most of it will be spent on food for after the party. I guess for this one I'd like the students to do something constructive, instead of just games.

Many thanks in advance
Michael

Sally Olsen
Location: Canada,France, Brazil, Japan, Mongolia, Greenland, Canada, Mongolia, Ethiopia next

Post by Sally Olsen » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:15 am

Sorry, I don't have any ideas because I think games are very constructive and its a party.
Last edited by Sally Olsen on Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

mesmark

Post by mesmark » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:39 am

Mike - Good luck with the party.

What's the purpose of the party? is it to have a party or is it to study English?

What are the levels, how many people. how many teachers?

Do you have an example of an activity you feel is "constructive"?

With more information, we might be able to offer you more targeted advice on ESL games and activities for your group.

- Mark

KeepUpRichard

Post by KeepUpRichard » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:59 am

When teaching adults I generally fall back on the same few games at least a couple times.

Try these...

Pictionary: Draw something on your classroom board while others guess what it is. What is drawn is up to the student (or you) and can't be said by the artist. You can substitute the board for a piece of paper or a portable marker board. This can be done with teams.

20 questions: A chosen student chooses an item and the other students (or his/her team) tries to guess what the item is by asking no more than 20 questions. These questions must have yes or no answers.

Secret Word: Bring one student up to the front and have him/her face the others. Write a secret word on the board. The other students try to give hints as to what the word is while the chosen student guesses.

I hope these help! Good luck