Advanced Textbook Recommendation?

<b> Forum for the discussion on ESL/EFL textbooks </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

tesmit

Advanced Textbook Recommendation?

Post by tesmit » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:54 pm

Does anyone have any texts they would recommend for an advanced level core skills class?

Some information:

Currently, we have 6 levels at our school. Levels 1-3 use Interchange 1-3, Level 4 uses Passages 2, and Levels 5 and 6 use NorthStar 4 and 5, respectively. The students are adults, and their ages generally range anywhere from 20-30. The general problem right now is that there is too large of a jump between Passages 2 and NorthStar 4 (NorthStar tends to be a bit too academic, and the listening tends to be difficult for the students). In general, we would like to make Levels 5 and 6 a bit more real world/communication-based (like Interchange and Passages) and less academic, because a lot of our students have difficulty transitioning to NorthStar.

I recently browsed through Q: Skills for Success 4 and I like what I've seen so far. Does anyone have any other recommendations?

Sally Olsen
Location: Canada,France, Brazil, Japan, Mongolia, Greenland, Canada, Mongolia, Ethiopia next

Post by Sally Olsen » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:46 pm