Activities/Topics in Oral Training for Advanced Students

<b> Forum for discussing activities and games that work well in the classroom </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

yudalai

Activities/Topics in Oral Training for Advanced Students

Post by yudalai » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:03 am

Hello, I am new here and would like to seek your advice/help for the oral training course I am currently teaching. The thing is I used to teach lower-intermediate college students mostly in listening classes, and the way I used to teach does not suffice for the current course now.
I am going to cover the topics like "hotel", "transportation (bus/train)", "bank", "health" and "job'. Can any one help me with the suitable activities/lesson plans for these advanced students?
Thanks a million!
Stephen

Sally Olsen
Location: Canada,France, Brazil, Japan, Mongolia, Greenland, Canada, Mongolia, Ethiopia next

Post by Sally Olsen » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:51 pm

Richardavie

Post by Richardavie » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:27 pm

Introduce with a discussion about passing your driving test - when / how difficult / easy, etc. Then try a driving instructor and clueless pupil roleplay - the instructor has to describe in details the process of getting into the car, starting, etc and the clueless pupil has lots of questions. There's tons of advanced vocab in there!