Site Search:

Banner

Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index Teacher Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

host family wanted for 13-year-old German pupil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Secondary School Education
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dagmar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: host family wanted for 13-year-old German pupil Reply with quote

Hi there, I am an English teacher in Germany. Looking for an exchange/host family for a pupil of mine, 13 years of age, for the summer vacation, which starts in about two weeks.
His English is poor, it is because English is mainly taught with texts, word lists and written grammar rules, however, reading is not exactly his best skill.
But he is a chatterbox, very communicative, so I thought he might need a different approach to the language, with a lot of talking.
His hobbies are quad driving, big trucks and arboriculture. He always talks about his favourite stump cutter and about firetrucks.
If you have a pupil of his age who would like to do the exchange and visit him here in Germany, or if he would just like to welcome him in his family, please contact me:
possel-meldorf@t-online.de
birdy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the American Association of German Teachers could be helpful. I work in a German Saturday School and will post your offer there. Wish you all the best.
birdy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many of our students are Americans with German Heritage. So, they would both benefit from an exchange.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Secondary School Education All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: