Joined: 29 Jan 2013
|Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:40 pm Post subject: *WARNING* Hangzhou American Kids Language Training School
|Teachers – Parents – Stay Clear
Hangzhou American Kids Language Training School
Address: Room1019, Building B, Highlong Plaza, Shanyin Rd,
Xiaoshan District, Hangzhou
Postal Code: 311203
English Name of owner: Kathleen Hong : cell: 1866-818-8699
I recorded this conversation on my phone for record with a meeting with the school and me - as usually they often spoke to each other in Chinese before they responded to my questions. The school was not properly managed and after pointing out many flaws in their school system that required improvement, they immediately presented a list of 100% totally false accusations of me, (such as asking the parents to buy me gifts, or treating the children in an improper manner, etc.)
The tape recording is available to the public, and will be posted on various public media outlets across China and Internationally, in the expat community and Chinese parent community .. also in Chinese.
As a result:
1. The school refused to pay my last month’s salary
2. They did not agree to 8 weeks payment in lieu of termination letter.
3. They would not give me the copy of the signed contract.
4. They showed me papers where they admitted they had forged my signature on them, which claims I owe them money. (I have a copy of this paper)
* They also used very unethical and manipulative sales techniques on both the parents and the children while doing demos. For example, when the children were separated from the parents for any period of time, they would promise the children gifts if they told their mother they wanted to learn English there.
* They also used pirated copies of a very well know English Teaching software. In fact, they would put their school stamp over the top of the brand name logo of the software.
* They used & advertised their Chinese School name under a franchise name they had formally lost their license to.
* Much of their material had very bad and incorrect grammar, and there was no real set standards.
* If there was ever a child with issues, such as learning challenges or was "hitting" in class, you were told to ignore them and not say anything to the parents as it was important the parents renewed their membership.
* Most of their computers and software did not work properly and all had illegal copies (unlicensed) copies of software on them.
* The school also employed another "American" western teacher who was mentally unstable and would suddenly, and without warning start yelling and cursing and accuse people of of speaking about him, and would then walk out of the school. He also would often comment that his phone was tapped, people were following him and that people would go into his apartment when he was not there.