Site Search:

Banner

Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index Teacher Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

rates for teaching online

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Computer Assisted Language Learning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bookholm

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: rates for teaching online Reply with quote

Hi, my name is Ashley and I'm a graduate student in English in Illinois. A PhD student in my department is setting up a small online tutoring company serving English Language Learners in Vietnam. I will be working for her part-time, and she has offered to let me set my own wages. I know how much how to charge for synchronous tutoring (i.e. via Skype) but how much should I charge for copy-editing/asynchronous tutoring work? My colleague suggested that my tutees pay per page, and that my rates vary per genre of writing (dissertation, personal statement, etc.) but I still have no idea what to charge.
If it means anything, I have previous experience in teaching, ESL tutoring, and copy-editing, and have completed one year of graduate study.
Any help is much appreciated!
-Ashley
danielrobert55

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Hey Ashley, Well that depends totally on you as every tutor charges keeping in mind the subjects and students capability and fee also depends on tutor's capability. I my self an online tutor and I use to charge different fee from different students but my minimum fee is $25 per hour. I have also done online teaching assistant course from UK open college to enhance my skills as a teacher.
KatrinaB88

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: online tutoring rates Reply with quote

Hi

I charge according to time and/or complexity or level of the lesson. My minimum is $20 per half hour. You can check out my site to see how I work it at greateng.com

Katrina
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Computer Assisted Language Learning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: