WARNING ABOUT NEW YORK STUDIO of Languages in ISTANBUL

<b> Forum for the announcement of important TESL/TEFL items and events </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

TigersShadow

WARNING ABOUT NEW YORK STUDIO of Languages in ISTANBUL

Post by TigersShadow » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:26 pm

Dear Teachers,

I would like to warn you all about a school/language Institute called NYS (New York Studio) located in Istanbul-Turkey.

They run a huge SCAM, they constantly recruit teachers under a lot of promises that turn out to be all LIES.

1. You will be working illegally until your papers are being processed, however, they will delay the processing so that they will not pay the government taxes. By the time teachers realize the scam 3 month's have passed and a new batch of teachers arrive to replace the scammed teachers. and the cycle goes on like that.

2. Teachers will be paid on the 21st of each month but of the second months of arrival, the company holds a ONE month pay so that when a teacher decides to leave the company due to their lies and unprofessional behavior, they have a one month pay in their pockets.

3. They charge Teachers for a lot of unexplained document processing leaving the teachers in hole from the very start.

4. Teachers are NOT being paid per hour as they make it appear in their contract and promises, they are being paid per 40 minutes. which makes a huge difference in the salary.

5. Teachers cover the break time of 5 minutes per lecture/Unit from their own pockets; which means 20 minutes of unpaid time comes out of your pockets for every 3 hours of work. At the end of the month you'll discover that you have been scammed with an additional more less 300 US$.

6. They don't cover plane ticket expenses so that teachers will stick around to cover the loss, which will take about 3 Months due to the above mentioned SCAMS. This period is enough for a course to finish and a new batch of teachers to arrive.

7. You will be asked to travel long distances and the travel time is also not being paid for.

There are many more issues that will make teachers just run away leaving a whole month pay behind.

I hope this post will help you and I hope you will spread the word so that teachers will not be victims to this SCAM.