Online Teaching: Getting started enquiry

<b>Forum for teachers teaching adult education </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

MiaNZ

Online Teaching: Getting started enquiry

Post by MiaNZ » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:26 pm

Hi
Just wondering if anyone could suggest some names of reputable companies that employ Esol tutors for online teaching.
I wrote to one from this website, but after 3 emails they still wouldn't disclose the name of their company or tell me the name of the person who was emailing me, so that seemed a bit strange.
I'm off to Finland and dont have the EU Passport, so thought this could be a way to carry on teaching and be able to make a little money while there.
Thanks for any help.

benny1380

Post by benny1380 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:10 am

Hi mate.

Most of these companies don't seem to be very trustworthy and even if they give you some lessons your earning potential would be quite low.

Have you thought about finding your own students online?

there is an online course that lays everything out. It's quite affordable if you make it work and actively do the things it tells you to do.

http://www.teachingeslonline.com/

Check out Jack's work, he also gives a lot of info away for free that could give you some ideas to get started.

Good luck

MiaNZ

Post by MiaNZ » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:16 am

Thanks so much for that, I will definitely check the website out. I did see it advertised when I googled but didnt look much further.
I was mainly wanting to work for a company so there would be students already there, but will look ino the other options.

sawlor29

Online Teaching Sites

Post by sawlor29 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:12 am

Hi,

I haven't used online tutoring myself, but I have a coworker that said the following site was legit (I am not sure about the details or how the payments work.....but thought this may be of some help.....I will try getting more details about the job and let you know). The site (which is also an app) is:

www.nicetalk.com

Hope it works out for you!

Robbie
www.SSEcoach.com
Free ESL Teaching Material for Adult Learners

MiaNZ

Post by MiaNZ » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:37 pm

Thanks so much for that, I will definitely look into it.
Thats very much appreciated.

sawlor29

Online Teaching Sites - Update

Post by sawlor29 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:34 am

so....I talked to my worker and she has had friends use the following site (I attached the link to the main info because the home page is in Korean:

http://careers.ef.com/job/o5HoZfwT/

The link above takes you to the details of using the site for online teaching work. Navigating the site is a bit difficult, however, she said once you get everything set up things run much more smoothly. She also said there is a minimum teaching hour requirement (I think its around 60hrs/month)

Good luck and hope it works out!

Robbie
www.SSEcoach.com

MiaNZ

Post by MiaNZ » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:09 am

Thanks again...sounds like it could really be a good option. I will check it out.