Magazine in Taipei Looking for keypals

<b> Forum for teachers who'd like to coordinate keypal projects with other teachers </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

fraunet

Magazine in Taipei Looking for keypals

Post by fraunet » Mon Mar 03, 2003 1:35 am

Hi!
I work for an ESL magazine for junior high school and high school students in Taiwan. We are interested in starting a new feature where we would introduce students from another country to students here in Taiwan.
What we are looking for is a class/or single students (anywhere in the world) to write us a brief discription of their home, school, and social lives, along with pictures, so that students here can learn how students live in other countries.
We would, of course, send a copy of the published magazine to anyone whose pictures/stories we used. Goal: to promote greater intercultural understanding.
Interested?
Email us at: [email protected]

or snail mail:

A+ English
6th Fl.-6, No. 106, Sec 3, Hsin-Yi Rd.,
Taipei, Taiwan 106, R.O.C.

witek

Keypals

Post by witek » Tue Mar 04, 2003 10:08 pm

Hello,
I'm quite interested in your idea and I hope my students will be interested too. Can you give me some more details as for the information you are looking for? I would also like to ask if you think your students could send some information about their country to my students. Do you think it would be a good idea for each student to have an individual keypal?
Please contact me at [email protected]
Witek Witkowski

oubernie

Why not try?

Post by oubernie » Tue Dec 16, 2003 1:22 pm

I teach English in Burkina Faso, West Africa. I've just ended two projects of keypalship with two Japanese Universities: Meikai and Sapporo. My students and the Japanese exchanged letters and cultural facts.
It was very interesting. The difficulty is that I had to use the unique computer of our school for the mailing. But if your students are not numerous, we could try with only ten.
Visit our web site at http://www.angelfire.com/journal2/englishclub
Bernie

beata

Post by beata » Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:44 pm

Let me quote the announcement I've been sending to numerous teachers' forums for the last few days. In my very humble opinion, we have very similar aims. I do hope you will be interested. Anyway, here it goes:

International Multicultural Project Work - would you like to get involved?

I'm an English teacher form Poland, teaching students aged 16-19. I would like to find a group of schools from all over the world to get involved in project work. The way I see it is: before the beginning of each semester the teachers responsible for the project agree on a subject (let's say: Christmas, eating habits, holidays, teenage culture, animal rights, national stereotypes - or dozens of others). Students work on the subject from their local point of view, and at the end of the semester they send their findings to other schools participating in the project. The projects could be Power Point presentations, sent with any additional materials by post.
As a post-project activity teachers may prepare a kind of test or quiz to check how much the students have learnt.
The idea behind is to motivate students to learning English, to broaden their knowledge about the variety of culture and customs all over the world, to make them more open and tolerant, to help them find friends all over the world.
If you like the idea, please contact me by pm or at [email protected] . We could devote the forthcoming semester for organising the group and getting to know each other, and start serious work from September 2004.

What do you think?