ESL materials in Korean?

<b> Forum for elementary education ESL/EFL teachers </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

Soonhyang

ESL materials in Korean?

Post by Soonhyang » Fri Mar 19, 2004 2:05 pm

Hi all,

My name is Soonhyang. I am currently working as a volunteer ESL consultant for a public k-12 school district in a U.S. city. I received the following request from the school. Is there anybody who can help me wth this? Thank you in advance.

">While materials available in Spanish are quite valuable,
>we are almost 40% Korean at our school. Do you happen to know anywhere >(or anyone) who would know where I might find products (books, >take-home packs, etc.) that are available in Korean or Korean &
>English? "

EH

Post by EH » Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:37 pm

There are a bazillion bilingual ESL books for Korean learners! That said, I personally have not found very many good ones... the better books tend to be all in English, and bilingual teachers then answer any questions that arise.

But, if you really want a bilingual ESL program, you might check out Noon Nopi (hope I spelled it right in English). It's a pretty famous program, with books and I think tapes, etc.

Also, if you're in a Korean area, it should be easy to track down other bilingual ESL books/programs. Just open a local Korean newspaper and you'll see the ads. You can also visit some of the local hagwons (language institutes) and ask them what books they use.

Good luck.
-EH