class-class keypals 12-14 years old needed

<b> Forum for teachers who'd like to coordinate keypal projects with other teachers </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

pablo

class-class keypals 12-14 years old needed

Post by pablo » Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:41 pm

Dear colleagues,

I am an English teacher in Andalusia (Spain) and I am looking for 12-14 years old students to carry out a class-to-class email exchange with my students. Their level is beginner to elementary (although some perform a bit better).

We have regular access to computers, so immediacy will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Pablo
IES Jándula
Andújar (Jaén)
SPAIN

Chinese26

Post by Chinese26 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:21 am

I am an English teacher in China.
My students are from 12-16.
we prefer traditional mail. Our city Ningbo, is near the biggest city,Shanghai, in China.
you may send your mait to:

name: Wujiang
address: Lianfeng Middle School, Ningbo, Zhejiang Province, China
Postcode:315000
phone: 86-0574-13958206726
Email: [email protected]

pablo

email preferred

Post by pablo » Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:40 am

Dear colleague,

I appreciate your interest in carrying out the class-to-class exchange activity. Although we may try to carry it out by using conventional paper mail (snail mail) the idea is to work via electronic mail. The reason is that our government has equipped our school with plenty of computers and they want to see them working. Nevertheless, if you are really interested in beginning a snail mail exchange I will do my best.

In any case, since you have sent an e-mail, couldn't it be possible that your students can write their mails and you send them with your own mail?

Yours

Pablo
IES Jándula
Andújar (Jaén)
SPAIN

greens05

Post by greens05 » Mon May 24, 2004 1:44 pm

Pablo:
I teach 11 to 18 year olds here in Leeds, UK. I'd be very happy to take part in an e-pals scheme.

I teach IT to groups of about 26 and all my students have their own e-mail addresses. There are always issues with privacy and Internet safety when young children are concerned. Does your school have a policy about this?

I look forward to hearing from you - please use my email address to discuss things

Stephen Green

JitkaJ

Re: class-class keypals 12-14 years old needed

Post by JitkaJ » Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:59 am

Dear Pablo,
I am looking for penfriends for our students for the next school year, but we can start right now. We are secondary school (Gymnazium) in the Czech Republic and there are ap. 27 pupils in each class. They are divided in two groups for languages, so either the whole class can exchange emails or groups (13 people or so). There is a fine "cookbook" for this activity, called the Image of the others (www.europeanschoolsproject.org/image), we could do it on this base, or in a different way. We are at school till the end of June and then again from 1 Sept. Classes of prima (10-11) and sekunda (12-14) are interested at the moment.
If you want to have a contact with one of our classes, please reply.
[email protected]

:roll: :P
pablo wrote:Dear colleagues,

I am an English teacher in Andalusia (Spain) and I am looking for 12-14 years old students to carry out a class-to-class email exchange with my students. Their level is beginner to elementary (although some perform a bit better).

We have regular access to computers, so immediacy will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Pablo
IES Jándula
Andújar (Jaén)
SPAIN