keypals 13-14 years old from

<b> Forum for teachers who'd like to coordinate keypal projects with other teachers </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

judit diaz

keypals 13-14 years old from

Post by judit diaz » Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:54 am

I'm an EFL teacher working in a Junior Hight School in Spain. I'd like to find keypals for my students who are 13-16 years old, but I have an advanced group of 13-14 who are currently working on their own and they would love to find someone to mail. If you think you could help, please contact me.

Chinese26

hi from China

Post by Chinese26 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:18 am

I am an English teacher in China.
My students are from 13-16.
we prefer traditional mail. Our city Ningbo, is near the biggest city,Shanghai, in China.
you may send your mait to:

name: Wujiang
address: Lianfeng Middle School, Ningbo, Zhejiang Province, China
Postcode:315000
phone: 86-0574-13958206726
Email: [email protected]

greens05

Post by greens05 » Mon May 24, 2004 1:10 pm

Judit: happy to help out. I teach 11-18 year olds here in Leeds, UK. My classes are all ICT and I'd be delighted to have some e-mail contact with foreign students wishing to try out their English. I've sent you a separate e-mail with a few more details.
Stephen Green

gosia

Post by gosia » Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:44 pm

Would you be interested in traditional mail with Polish students.
We already exchange letters with some other countries and
I can asure you it is working just fine. Studens are sending
postcards to each other, sometimes pictures and they can get to know
others handwriting. The letters usually are sent to the school address,
all in one envelope and then when we have a lesson students are
sharing their letters ...........

It is really fun for everybody.

Let me know if you are interested.

my e-mail: [email protected]

Regards,
Gosia.

criteria

Post by criteria » Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:11 am

demanovka

25-35 students, native speakers

Post by demanovka » Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:17 pm

Dear Judit,

I’m writing to express interest in a penpal exchange. I used to live in Europe, and would love to expose my students to European culture and life through a penpal. Most of them have never traveled far from their home city, let alone abroad.

This autumn, after several years of teaching ESL in Central Europe, I will begin teaching English to 14-year-olds in Baltimore, Maryland, USA. It's a city of about 500,000, near Washington DC.

The school is in a poorer part of town, and the majority of students are African-American (which I mention only because I am hoping to avoid any racism from the penpals—I want to make sure the students are “cool” with an interracial exchange).

My high school is a technical (not academic) high school, so only about 50% of the students go on to university. The rest enter careers in carpentry, computer programming, cosmetology, culinary arts, graphic design, and other fields.

The main purpose of the penpal program would be to motivate my students to write for FUN!! I am also hoping to have my students write a report on their penpal’s home country and city, with photos and pictures.

At the end of the semester, I’d like to do an International Poetry Journal, with the poetry of my students and their penpals. I am open to suggestions on other collaborative projects.

I am not sure if email will be possible. The exchange might have to be via regular postal mail.

I will have 25-35 students (possibly more).

Please email me if you are interested!

Thanks very much!

Sincerely,

Amy
[email protected]