Site Search:

Banner

Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index Teacher Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EF vs. Interchange vs. Let's Talk vs. Headway...?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Texts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigbob

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:35 am    Post subject: EF vs. Interchange vs. Let's Talk vs. Headway...?! Reply with quote

Hello!

I'm trying to find out about different textbooks, and I was wondering if anyone could help. If you've used any of the books below it would be really useful to hear what you think.

New EF
Interchange
Let's Talk
Headway
English Update
New Side by Side
English Know-How
Select Readings
Reading Power

Thanks a lot.

Bob Very Happy
Alexanndra

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't used any of the texts you've mentioned, but I've flipped through many of them in the bookstores, and wasn't too impressed. The one I like is the Focus on Grammar series (don't be scared by the name!). I also use the Betty Azar series, but I much prefer FOG, which I've only been using for a short time, but with a much better student response.
wasana063

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen some of these books. For Interchange and Let's talk, they are from Cambridge University Press. They are good for conversation course especially Let's talk which also has the cd for the self study. About Interchange, it can be used for teaching grammar and conversation course. Both of them have the cassetes for opening in class too.
For Headway, I can't remember which press it is from. Anyway, it seems to be a good source for grammar course. A lot of language schools use Headway in Thailand.
Hope this is helpful for you.
Wasana
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Texts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: