Site Search:

Banner

Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index Teacher Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Discussion] How to change stuyding attitude of students

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Business English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BNHS86

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:13 am    Post subject: [Discussion] How to change stuyding attitude of students Reply with quote

I got the TESOL Certificate in 2009 and began my teaching career since then. I knew that I have just a little of exp in teaching methodology.

Recently, my issue is about how to change the studying attitude of students. I am now teaching in a University in my city. Almost the students in my class are studying about IT Major. But the English Curriculum is not specified. The university force students study all Business English. That's really struggling for any IT students who are not interested in Business English. I have tried my best to help students understand about the Business English ( My class is Pre-Intermediate level) and some basic concept. However, I usually receive the studying resistance from students Sad. Students ask me have more and more games. Should or should not we have game for students in University since the limited hours in class with the inappropriate levels?
hereinchina

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: make learning fun Reply with quote

try your best to make learning fun
clifdavis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the previous poster stated, make it as fun as possible. One suggestion would be to get the students involved in creating the game. Since the idea is to teach them business English, and the goal is to have them comfortable using English in a business setting, make someone the head of the company who has an IT problem and they need to present the solution to the head in English. Make it a contest.

Clifford,
In China
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Business English All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: