ESP language of the theatre

<b> Forum for the discussion of everything ESP </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

anch

ESP language of the theatre

Post by anch » Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:15 pm

Hi!

I'm a student of English Studies at the KF-University in Graz.

I'm doing a project on ESP and was wondering if any of you has some kind of sources on the language of the theatre related to ESP.

Any of your contributions would be more than welcome :D

tnx, anch

revel

Not sure if it helps....

Post by revel » Wed Dec 29, 2004 4:44 pm

Hey there.

I'm not sure if it would be of help to you, but I refer you to a thread here on Dave´s called "Interpretative English" There you will find the application of theatrical study to the ESL classroom. I was not aware of theatrical language being used in such teaching but it does not surprise me that you ask. I myself only know of its use in my own classroom, though I would suppose many other teachers use theatrical training techniques at one time or another in class. I tend to use them as a focal point. If you are looking for more information on a personal level, don't mind answering specific questions.

peace,
revel.

anch

Post by anch » Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:24 pm

I'm sorry, but I've had a really hard time finding this thread on "Interpretative English". :(
Could You please give me the exact link where I can get on to it directly. :)

I was also wondering - what do You think which would be the most appropriate target groups for ESP-course about theatre language?

I thought about actors and actresses as well as the staff working at theatre and journalists and interpreters as closely related to it.

Greetings, anch

Lorikeet

Post by Lorikeet » Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:45 pm

Yay! I found it

http://www.eslcafe.com/forums/teacher/v ... 92&start=0

(Interpretive ESL ;) )

anch

Post by anch » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:27 am

thanx a million, Lorikeet :)