curricula & materials for Deaf ESL/EFL students

<b>Forum for teachers working with deaf students </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

jmcd

curricula & materials for Deaf ESL/EFL students

Post by jmcd » Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:34 am

Hi. I'll be teaching a new class of Deaf ESL/EFL students. I've been doing this for years, but have not been in a position to select materials or design curricula for the past 5 years or so.

How can I find out about recent developments?

Thanks,

Jim

EH

Post by EH » Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:25 am

Hi, Jim.

I have a handout I give to teachers working with Deaf students for the first time, but you're obviously not a newbie in the field, so you probably wouldn't be interested in that. If I were you one place I'd check out would be www.asha.org (the American Speech-Language Hearing Association). The website tends to have updates and summaries of recent research on communication disorders/differences.

I'm trying to think of hot topics in the field of Deaf education in the last five years... Probably increased cochlear implantation would be one; you'll encounter a lot more young students with implants these days. There are also the ongoing modifications to SPED guidelines/paperwork teachers have to deal with, at least in the public schools.

If you find any really good resources in the NYC area, could you let me know? I'm right next door in NJ, and I like to keep as current as possible.

Good luck,
-EH

aprillove20

Post by aprillove20 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:41 am

Useful link information provided above and it provide updates and summaries of recent research on communication disorders/differences.

CHELY VALENCIA

teaching english to blind person

Post by CHELY VALENCIA » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:51 pm

I'm doing my thesis about teaching english to blind person. i woul like you all to help me... send me information to [email protected]
share your experiences or the info you have..
my facebook is chely valencia
I'm from Tabasco, Mexico