Issues of Practicing English

<b>Forum for teachers teaching adult education </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

Kennen

Issues of Practicing English

Post by Kennen » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:31 pm

I urge users of this site to express more views and to learn more on the crucial issue of practicing English by learners of English. English teachers also have to be sufficiently knowledgeable in this issue in order to properly teach and guide learners in this process. I believe the debate ought to focus on how learners can practice the following aspects of using and improving English skills: listening comprehension, speaking, reading and writing. In my view, to thoroughly explore this issue, it is important to take into particular consideration aids, methods, activities, exercises and tasks for practicing and improving English skills. Certainly, practicing English listening comprehension, speaking, reading and writing is based on English phonetics, grammar and vocabulary skills. They must be included in practicing English.

alawton

Post by alawton » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:25 pm

What you say is true. My question is what to focus on if you have limited time with your students. A class that meets once or twice a week can be difficult. I would argue that you need to take into consideration the needs of your students. If you have a class that is learning Engllish to be able to communicate on the job I may spend most of my time on listening comp and oral practice. if I have a class that is looking to get into an English speaking college I would do some different things.

Andrew Lawton
http://drewseslfluencylessons.com