teacher's recordings - build a library?

<b> Forum on how to use video in the classroom </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

srx600

teacher's recordings - build a library?

Post by srx600 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:53 pm

I have an around 20 recordings from radio, interviews i've done with permission, recording myself at the post office, that sort of thing. does anyone else have an interest in building a library? basically, for listening to become a mainstay in my classes, i need a lot more genuine material. most of my clips i've transcripted and many have multiple choices. however the multiple choices were designed for beginners so they aren't very innovative nor especially discourse focused. most of them are just about pieces of discrete information which is pretty naff really.
the size of each one isn't larger than an email can take or there is always the drop box option.
the milieu is England so English accents predominate.
ideally i'd like access to 200 or so recordings which i estimate would give a teacher the flexibility to find something on any common topic at approximately the right level. this will take me years at my present rate of recording! also i'd like a wider variety of accents.
another idea is to record conversations of volunteers by skype on given topics. these would be great for learners to compare with their own attempts and notice the gap. would have to figure out how to do the recording though.
anyone else interested in building a 'genuine conversation' library?