Site Search:

Banner

Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index Teacher Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My first class puker! What do you do when this happens?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Elementary Education
View previous topic :: View next topic  
travelgoddess

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: My first class puker! What do you do when this happens? Reply with quote

I had my first puker in the 2nd class, and Up 2 class. It was near the end of class, and I didnt see her until after the two CT's in the class were running towards her with a garbage can. Oh my. The amount of stuff flowing from her little mouth was impressive, and, well, yellow to be quite descriptive. Now, I have seen people puke when they are sick and when they are drunk, but I have never seen anyone throw up in a classroom before, esp when I am supposed to be the one keeping things running smoothly. I had no friggin idea what to do. But the CT's were amazing (there were two in this class cause my reg one is leaving and the other one is observing, she will be taking over soon). They both ran to help her (she was sitting in the front right corner, right near the door, what luck!), so I figured the best thing to do was to distract the very watching class from this poor girls embarassing moment.

So, I went on teaching as this poor little girl was puking up a lung. They did get her out of the classroom quickly, but some of her stuff was on the desk. And the kids were pointing to ME to get it away. I covered it with tissues and before I had a chance to do anything else (there is a goddess) the CT's were back and took care of it. Whew!Cause to be honest, I started to gag, and me puking on top of hers stuff would not have been a pretty site. Oh man! I gotta hand it to the girl though. She wasnt gone too long from the class and when she returned she stayed and did all her homework without a fuss. I think she was a bit embarrassed, but I tried not to treat her any different then the others to help her get over this embarassment. Who knows if it helped. Whew. Never saw this coming. Dont think they teach you this when you get an ESL cert! haha.

http://meintaiwan.blogspot.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Elementary Education All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: