Site Search:

Banner

Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index Teacher Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Penmanship

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Material Writing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bcbingman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:34 am    Post subject: Penmanship Reply with quote

Does anybody know of any websites where I could print off or download some penmanship exercises? I'm not going to use them in the classroom; but I would like to have some to give to my Ss to take home and practice writing. Most of my Ss need the practice, especially my Arabic speaking (and writing) students. Any help would be appreciated....Thanks!
ccunnings

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 10:52 am    Post subject: Try searching for it on Google Reply with quote

Though I haven't tried it yet, but just type-in the keywords. With enough patience, you might be able to get what you really need.

I normally get my materials through Google search. Well, there are a lot of search engines.

Very Happy
Senorita Daniels

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the school I work at, we have penmanship fonts, so we can make our own sheets. We even can make lines like on the sheets that kindergarteners use, with the dotted lines in the middle to help make letters the right size.
Carol Keeney

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Handwriting Reply with quote

Hi
If you are teaching Handwriting, you may want to use this suggestion. Have each of your students devote a notebook to practicing writing. Each day introduce a new letter. Start with the straight line. Now try the letter I, then L then F etc. When all those have been covered start with the letters made from curved lines. Next try the combination letters like P and B. They can work on one page in school and then do one page at home. Reward for neatness is a must. Believe me it is worth the effort. Hand outs can work well as a supplement. Practice makes perfect but good teaching is utmost. For more ideas about this and other teaching topics why not check out my new book. Good luck to you! Carol Keeney
www.brandnewteacher.com
jasonmarke

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Improving handwriting resources Reply with quote

Anyone Can Improve Their Handwriting ( CD ROM Movie)
By Jason Alster MSc
Handwriting is a tool for transfer of knowledge and must comply with acquired rules in order to understand what we read. The CD ROM deals with handwriting problems, rules, tips, and exercises. From students who have lower grades and self esteem to physicians who by law have to improve their writing- this CD can help. Based on 10 years experience helping ADHD, dyslexia, dysgraphia - Jason knows what works to improve your handwriting. Simple techniques, demonstrations - a new way of helping people of all ages improve their handwriting and be proud of their own " work of art"

Product Details

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/9659025173/

CD-ROM:
Publisher: Rainbow Cloud (July 20, 2006)
ISBN: 9659025173

Also :Creative Painting For The Young Artist a book teaching the artistic mode of seeing necessary for dysgraphics to learn to paint and draw, painting block, and students who want to be creative with art. An excellent compliment to Anyone Can Improve Their Handwriting.

Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/9659025122/
Also check out these by Jason if there is a concentration or ADHD problem associated with the poor handwriting.
"BEING IN CONTROL:Natural Techniques For Increasing Your Potential And Creativity For Success In School."
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/9659025114/
"Being In Control : Natural Solutions For ADHD Dyslexia and Test Anxiety'.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/9659025130/

Smile
anajones33

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:18 am    Post subject: Helpful Handwriting Websites Reply with quote

Hello... not sure if you are still looking for some new writing websites, but educators are always looking for new sites. I have students from various countries. I've encountered many of them beginning to write letters from the bottom to the top. They even write their numbers this way. I've found handwriting sheets from the following websites that have helped my students learn how to better write letters and numbers.

1. www.superteacherworksheets.com
2. www.starfall.com
3. www.enchantedlearning.com
4. www.handwritingwithouttears.com

I hope this helps. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Material Writing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: