ESL jobs - Boston/Seattle

<b>Forum for teachers teaching adult education </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

Kent Golding

ESL jobs - Boston/Seattle

Post by Kent Golding » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:26 pm

Hi!
I recently received my TESOL certification, and I was hoping some of the kind people on this site might have advice on what kinds of teaching jobs might now be available to me stateside.
(For a variety of reasons, now is not the time in my life to pursue employment abroad.)
Specifically, I am interested in moving to immigrant-heavy Seattle, WA, or Boston, MA. Does anyone know, in general, what kinds of jobs might be open to me in those areas? I imagine there are academies or institutes, and perhaps night schools?
Both cities would be good for me because I have friends or family members in or near them. For years, I have lived in Wyoming, where ESL jobs are very scarce.
One might think I would already have plans for what to do with this TESOL cert, but I really don't. For more than two years, I have worked for a U.S-based, "distance learning" company. I tutor South Korean students via Skype.
I am grateful to my company to footing the bill for this TESOL course for me and many fellow students. But otherwise, it is a dead-end job, and I am beyond ready to leave it behind for greener pastures.
Any words of advice or pearls of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!