How hard is it to find a job for a non-native speaker?

<b> Forum for the discussion of everything ESP </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

LiveNomad

How hard is it to find a job for a non-native speaker?

Post by LiveNomad » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:02 am

I had a search but couldnt find anything related to this subject. Maybe i'm just a newbie and couldnt make an intensive search, so if it's already discussed in some other topic i'm sorry for asking, just let me see the topic :)

I decided to quit my job and start a new life. I'm Turkish, i can speak English pretty ok but definitely not like a native or pro. What 'd you suggest me to do as my first step into teaching? I'm researching CELTA and TEFL courses, for sure i have to finish one of them to find a job i think. But will it be enough for me to teach? or find a job? I want to do this job in a lifetime and so i'd like to hear anything from experienced people like you guys. My biggest concern is the fact that i'M not native and it'll be really hard to find a job.Am i right about it? :) . i'll have a decent income while i'm away so i'm not really into find a great salary. I just want to learn teaching and enjoy it.

I'd more than happy if you could share some ideas with me. And feel free to ask anything.

many thanks
gökhan
=)(=