Teaching higher levels/advanced students

<b> Forum for discussing activities and games that work well in the classroom </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

fdmi

Teaching higher levels/advanced students

Post by fdmi » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:42 am

I'm not sure where to put this question, but I thought I'd try here. Somehow I've been roped into leading a discussion on this topic. I'm a bit stuck on what to focus on, any ideas?

Cheers.

KeepUpRichard

Post by KeepUpRichard » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:47 am

Try to find a book that will give you a stable foundation. Also, check out the idea cookbook on this site. There are tons of different ideas there for teaching adults.

Sally Olsen
Location: Canada,France, Brazil, Japan, Mongolia, Greenland, Canada, Mongolia, Ethiopia next

Post by Sally Olsen » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:14 am

It would be nice to have a bit more information. How long is the discussion? How many people? Are they all teachers? Is it a discussion or lecture on how to teach or a discussion on what to teach or ? Is it a debate or discussion?

If it is just a discussion, it should be easy to get people talking about what they do in their own classes or what they have learned that benefited them in language classes. You can record the salient points on the board or chart paper and then try to organize them into something that would be useful for the participants to take away.

Or you can start with problems they are having and brainstorm solutions in small groups, and have a presentation of the answers at the end of the session.