Site Search:

Banner

Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index Teacher Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

please be careful! Fethiye, Turkey (Hisaronu)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
earthwalker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:19 am    Post subject: please be careful! Fethiye, Turkey (Hisaronu) Reply with quote

There is a school in Fethiye, Turkey (Hisaronu) that teaches to students from abroad. Please please please be warned that this company is not honest, and will only take care of you (legally) if they 'like' you. They also lie about the working conditions. They tell you that you will get 'x' amount of money per month, then work you twice as hard as they said they would (ie: 14-16 hour days. 6 days a week with no proper breaks). This is all given with internal pressure outside of the verbal agreement to do even more than original job description (eg: hired to do marketing-result marketing, host family, and student airport pickup in the middle of the night) if you don't do what they want, they threaten with deportation.

They have no intentions of giving out work permits and if you do receive one, you still don't have job security. They speak to all staff members without any respect at all, and there have been minor cases of harassment.

Anyway, the list could go on and on but just to give the most important points so if you decide to work there, at least you have been warned. The job post isn't on this website, but is posted on TEFL.com where there are no discussion forums.

If you decide to work there, good luck!
jenny8

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: international mediterranean academy (IM Academy) Fethiye Reply with quote

I taught at International Mediterranean academy (IM Academy) Hisaronu-Fethiye-TURKEY for nearly 2,5 months last summer and I absolutely agree what was saying about this dangerous school

1) Fethiye is one of the most beatiful places in the world and school has a beautiful campus and facilities.
2) Management of International Mediterranean academy (IM Academy) is horrible, even teachers & students do not know which class they should go etc. There is no planning at all.
3) They never pay my salary on time and they did not pay my full salary for the last month.
4) They promised that teachers and staff coming from abroad will have single rooms however in July I had to share my room with 1 teacher and 2 group leaders.
5) Any ladies who are planning to work at International Mediterranean academy (IM Academy) Hisaronu-Fethiye-TURKEY should be careful about behaviour of management. They ( Dean and Managing Director) are real womanizer so be careful ladies!!

Hope that helps

Jenn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: