Dual-lingual Programs

<b> Forum for the discussion of all aspects of bilingual education </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

eslwendy

Dual-lingual Programs

Post by eslwendy » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:13 pm

I must say I am intrigued with the idea of dual-lingual programs. The fact that two groups of students are getting intense exposure to another language is exciting. The benefits are numerous: biliteracy, multiculturalism, and a mingling of kids from different socioeconomic backgrounds. I wasn't introduced to another language until the 7th grade, and always wished I could have had a higher level of exposure. These kids will have such an advantage in life by being fluent in two languages. If there was such a program in my area, I'd have enrolled my son in a heartbeat.

sunflower03

Post by sunflower03 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:01 pm

I never knew such a program existed. Based on what I read in the text, it sounds like a great program and a way for non-native and native speakers to gain the values of mulitlingualism and multiculturalism. However, it may be difficult to find teachers who are equipped to teach in two languages. In addition, for this program to work, all must be involved for it to be successful. However, overall, I think it is a great program.