Site Search:

Banner

Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index Teacher Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good textbooks for 1 on 1 teaching

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Literature
View previous topic :: View next topic  
evanhenrique

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Good textbooks for 1 on 1 teaching Reply with quote

Hello, guys

I'm a teacher from Brazil. I've found it really difficult to find good textbooks to use in 1 on 1 classes. I've been using some books i liked to work with in previous opportunities, but they're all written for classes with more than 1 student. Do you have any suggestions?
shelleyvernon

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: One to one games book and plays curriculum Reply with quote

Hello there,
This is not a textbook but it's a good combination for teaching kids one to one.

Firstly this games book for one to one, with three demo lessons on video as a guide (mainly for parents teaching their kids who don't have any idea about TEFL):

http://www.homeenglishteacher.com

And to go with that, 30 plays and skits for beginners with common vocabulary themes and basic grammar. These are written up for one to one as well as small groups. There are alternative scripts for single students to do with the teacher.

http://www.teachingenglishgames.com/eslplays.htm
silencedobetter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you teaching? In Taiwan, I used "Conversations in Taiwan"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Literature All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: