Site Search:

Banner

Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index Teacher Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How effective is content-based teaching?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Secondary School Education
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MelissaQ

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: How effective is content-based teaching? Reply with quote

Content-based teaching seems like the perfect plan, in theory. I would like to know how effective it is in practice. I am studying to be an ESL teacher now and this seems like a great idea! I was wondering how realistic it is for a subject-matter teacher and a language teacher to collaborate, and link their courses and curricula. I truly do believe that allowing students to have a meaningful involvement in relevant content will enhance their L2 acquisition. Also, by connecting the classes, the students will feel adequate since they have an ability to use their new language. So does anyone use content-based teaching? If so, how effective do you think it is?
bozzy

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a fellow content area future teacher, I was wondering the same thing. I feel as though it will be difficult to teach Biology to students who cannot read or speak in English.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Secondary School Education All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: