Business culture - small group of businessmen. Tips please?

<b> Forum for those teaching business English </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

fdmi

Business culture - small group of businessmen. Tips please?

Post by fdmi » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:46 am

Hi everyone

I've been given the short notice task of teaching 3 Chinese businessmen on Monday. I've taught business English for a while but this is a bit different & I'm feeling a little unsure about myself.

Firstly I've only ever taught business students as opposed to business men, but this is something I'll have to deal with.

They've asked for something about 'international business culture', which is nice & vague. I was thinking of a warmer where we ask & answer questions to each other, saying how comfortable we feel about each of them, maybe getting a bit more controversial. How does this sound?

Their level has been described as intermediate & up & they're from the sales dept of Shanghai airport. I have a few things I can give them but could do with a bit more. Does anyone have any further ideas?

Cheers.

itsjustnouns

Post by itsjustnouns » Fri May 18, 2012 1:09 pm

Teach them about slang in poker, hold'em, fold'em, pass, raise, blue chip (a valuable company on the stock market), in the hole. EFL?ESL students like current slang and expressions. Do it at the end of class and see what happens.