host family wanted for 13-year-old German pupil

<b> Forum for ESL/EFL teachers working with secondary school students </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

Dagmar

host family wanted for 13-year-old German pupil

Post by Dagmar » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:46 pm

Hi there, I am an English teacher in Germany. Looking for an exchange/host family for a pupil of mine, 13 years of age, for the summer vacation, which starts in about two weeks.
His English is poor, it is because English is mainly taught with texts, word lists and written grammar rules, however, reading is not exactly his best skill.
But he is a chatterbox, very communicative, so I thought he might need a different approach to the language, with a lot of talking.
His hobbies are quad driving, big trucks and arboriculture. He always talks about his favourite stump cutter and about firetrucks.
If you have a pupil of his age who would like to do the exchange and visit him here in Germany, or if he would just like to welcome him in his family, please contact me:
[email protected]

birdy

Post by birdy » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:35 pm

I think the American Association of German Teachers could be helpful. I work in a German Saturday School and will post your offer there. Wish you all the best.

birdy

Post by birdy » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:39 pm

Many of our students are Americans with German Heritage. So, they would both benefit from an exchange.