ELL's Preparing for Exams

<b> Forum for ESL/EFL teachers working with secondary school students </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

mlordon

ELL's Preparing for Exams

Post by mlordon » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:22 am

As I am sure it is no surprise that at this time of year, my English language learners, who are working hard to pass their academic classes are panicking about upcoming final exams. They want credit for classes and they do not want to go to summer school. A simple e-mail to their teachers was easy to compose and had the desired effect I was looking for. I simply asked if they could get final exam review packets a week or so early so they could begin working on them, and some teachers even sent the exam for me to look at as well. The students were also give a portion of time in my classroom to work on their review packets and are returning during study halls as well.

It has given them just a little more optimism because they are being given the appropriate amount of time to prepare, and then study, the material for their upcoming exams.

Kudos to these teachers for understanding they need the additional time to be successful. Lesson also, if you don't ask, you never know!