Site Search:

Banner

Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index Teacher Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visual Aids

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Bilingual Education
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simone.brazil

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Visual Aids Reply with quote

As I was reading the book Teaching by Principles by H. Douglas brown, I found great tips to use as visual aids in my ESL classes. Although some stuff mentioned there are simple and easy to find, they are incredible useful, as the self-made paper-based visual aids using pictures from magazines to aid teachers. I love some of his ideas...worth checking them out!
Madeline

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Visual aids Reply with quote

Pictures, maps, graphics and videos are all examples of visual stimuli that help students learn. I love to use pictures in vocabulary lessons, and I enjoy using maps and videos in cultural lessons, to enhance the learning experience. The visual aid method is best for visual learners, but it will help to keep all students' attention because it provides them with images to associate with words. For young ESL students, using cartoon coloring sheets as visual aids to help with vocabulary and grammar lessons will benefit the lil ones. Consistent use of visual aids provides ESL students with a more memorable learning environment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Bilingual Education All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: