Site Search:

Banner

Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index Teacher Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ready made Laminated Flashcards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Elementary Education
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark1966

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Ready made Laminated Flashcards Reply with quote

Hi, I am new to teaching and I have been looking for laminated flashcards to use with my young learners. I have found many "free" printable and "digital" sites, but I don't have access to a laminating machine, and they get destroyed in a couple of days. I have searched and found a few places online. Has anyone else tried www.yo-yee.com flashcards ? They seem to have a good product line and say their flashcards are high quality durable. Any help would be great. Thanks
longshikong

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the past, I've used rolls of clear transparent vinyl shelf liner available in the kitchen accessories section of dept stores. Wide cellophane tape also works well for smaller playing-card sized flaschards.

I don't care for 90% of the flashcards online nor much of the standard ELT graphics --it's crap in my opinion. Even run-of-the-mill clipart is more aesthetically appealing (to kids) AND less ambiguous. Furthermore, I take issue with the lack of thought behind the choice of words such as 'ink' to represent the short 'i' phonic value.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Elementary Education All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: