Ready made Laminated Flashcards

<b> Forum for elementary education ESL/EFL teachers </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

mark1966

Ready made Laminated Flashcards

Post by mark1966 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:48 pm

Hi, I am new to teaching and I have been looking for laminated flashcards to use with my young learners. I have found many "free" printable and "digital" sites, but I don't have access to a laminating machine, and they get destroyed in a couple of days. I have searched and found a few places online. Has anyone else tried www.yo-yee.com flashcards ? They seem to have a good product line and say their flashcards are high quality durable. Any help would be great. Thanks

longshikong

Post by longshikong » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:43 pm

In the past, I've used rolls of clear transparent vinyl shelf liner available in the kitchen accessories section of dept stores. Wide cellophane tape also works well for smaller playing-card sized flaschards.

I don't care for 90% of the flashcards online nor much of the standard ELT graphics --it's crap in my opinion. Even run-of-the-mill clipart is more aesthetically appealing (to kids) AND less ambiguous. Furthermore, I take issue with the lack of thought behind the choice of words such as 'ink' to represent the short 'i' phonic value.