ICT in classroom, for or against?

<b> Forum for the discussion on how to use computers and technology in the ESL/EFL classroom </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

Mohamed Basset

ICT in classroom, for or against?

Post by Mohamed Basset » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:24 pm

Using technology in everyday life has become a necessity or a feature of our everyday lives. Who can imagine his life today without technology? Imagine a day without television or radio? Can live a day without your mobile phone? Fancy a day without a computer and internet?
Using technology in everyday life made it a must to be included in education. If a learner is using his I-pad or I-pod everyday and he loves this, why can't he use it in classroom? This is normal, but how far can we allow ICT to overwhelm teaching and learning? Are we supposed to give our children full access to the internet? Are they supposed to be very free to use mobile phones in classrooms? How far can ICT be implemented in learning?
Has anyone had issues with using technology in teaching or safety problems or other problems in using ICT in learning? Please share your experience with me.

Mohamed Abdel-Basset
English Teacher
NES Qena, Egypt

KatrinaB88

ICT in Classroom

Post by KatrinaB88 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:37 pm

Hi

I agree with having technology in the classroom. I use it all the time even with tiny tots to enhance what we are learning. I think the key here is balance, too much of anything or type or method of learning is never going to be excellent. I am also very traditional and believe in basics, reading, writing, maths. Kids have to crawl before they walk etc.... You can check out my site www.greateng.com to see what I do with the tiny tots to enhance their learning experience.

Katrina