LMS experience - help please!

<b> Forum for the discussion on how to use computers and technology in the ESL/EFL classroom </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

Thomas_Pynchon

LMS experience - help please!

Post by Thomas_Pynchon » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:41 pm

I am applying for a job in KSA that looks like a basic EFL job, but it is with a company that uses an LMS and they ask: "Applicants with LMS management experience may be considered for part-time assignment to that function."

I have been interested in becoming a distributed Learning Teacher in Canada, and so this is all relevant to professional development; I want to know if and how I might express this to an employer either in the cover letter, or in the interview, that shows an informed interest that won't risk making me just look inexperienced? How to approach this?

The Job duties for the ESL teaching side of things include:
•Mark tests and record grades using the learning management system
•Supervise Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL) lab sessions
• Keep accurate student attendance in the student information system
•Utilize the learning management system (LMS) for instructional and administration purposes.
• Knowledgeable, experienced and enthusiastic about using educational technology for teaching purposes.

I plan on doing a post-graduate Certificate in Online Teaching and Learning (EDDL) from Thompson River Uni in Canada (all by DL), with the following courses:

•Educational Technology in the Curriculum
•Introduction to Distributed Learning
•Multimedia in the Curriculum
•Online Teaching and Learning
•Managing Your Technology Classroom

I'm wondering if there is a good way that I could tie this plan in with my application?

Thank very much!