Certificate in Teaching Business English

<b> Forum for those teaching business English </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

capt_leej

Certificate in Teaching Business English

Post by capt_leej » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:28 am

Hello everyone,

I would like to know any teacher here, has the certification CTBE from iTTT? If so, I have a few questions about it.

1. How has it made a difference in your job teaching business English?

2. Did it bring you any value?

3. Was it practical?

Any insight is helpful.

Many thanks,

Mr. Lee

FrankS

Post by FrankS » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:09 am

A quick look at their web site and the course description makes it look good, but that is quite a lot of material to cover in a month.

One of the problems I see with their course is that they have you learning to build the course and I really do not see how they can cover that in a month long intensive if they did nothing else. That is a loaded subject for a business (or any other) situation. Any training on the subject is better than none at all, I just think they might be putting too much into the time.

That all said, I have no idea if this one is better or worse than any other course and a course will offer confidence and, in this case, if nothing else, a starting point to learning how to do the job yourself.

A wise old codger who taught me said the best training for teaching business English was to keep your ears open and listen to what the students. they will always tell you what they want and need, then it is up to you to supply it. Most of it becomes obvious as you go along. Not easy, just obvious.