Research into ALTs in elementary schools in Japan

<b>Forum for the discussion of Applied Linguistics </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

ARThomas

Research into ALTs in elementary schools in Japan

Post by ARThomas » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:56 am

Dear All,

I'm writing to you all to request for help and/or participation in my current research into the use of Assistant Language Teachers (ALT) in Japanese elementary schools. This research attempts to look into the level of training that ALTs partake in before teaching and how they are used in elementary school classrooms. I'm also looking at ALTs opinions of the JTEs/HRTs in the classroom and how they are prepared to teach English.

The research requires the opinions of as many ALTs who have taught in Japan within the last 2 years as possible. If you are kind enough to agree to take part please feel free to click the link below to take part in a short questionnaire. If you aren't a ALT in Japan please don't worry, you can still help! Please spread this link to anyone you think may have connections to ALTs who have worked in Japan recently. This will help it reach more ALTs and allow them to tell us their experiences, difficulties and desires of teaching in Japan.

All Data will be anonymous so you don't have to worry about it being used for any nefarious deeds. You are free to withdraw at any time by just contacting me. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me either here or by email.

I'd like to thank you all for reading this and helping spread this around.

Yours
Alan Thomas
([email protected])

You can find the research survey here: https://goo.gl/forms/rbA786GyPYW5dpQ33