2 hour lesson ideas asked for 3 year old

<b> Forum for teachers working with preschool children </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

Caramel

2 hour lesson ideas asked for 3 year old

Post by Caramel » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:03 pm

4 hours a week, 2 hours a day. 3 year old, taught him since he was 2. The lessons are starting to grow stale and he is not making much progress because we repeatedly do the same activities and thus use the same words, which includes:
going to the park (10 to 30 minutes)
free-play including cooking in the play-kitchen, putting the plush animals to sleep and doing a morning routine, hide and seek with color flash cards (hiding the cards and he has to find them), playing with the train tracks or building a road for his toy cars. Sometimes we paint/color.

I tried reading books but he doesn't stay focused and after 1 sentence he runs off wanting to play. I introduced worksheets which seem to keep his interest. He is able to circle items which are red, blue, etc. Recently he started singing the ABC song so now I am thinking of letting him trace the alphabet. More recommendations for a usable worksheet would be appreciated. He thrives well on doing 'big kids work' so worksheets are a hit as he feels like he is a big boy too. Its hard to find worksheets without too much text though or ones that he can do independently.

I need a routine but find it incredibly difficult to find a curriculum or lesson plans for this age of ESL students. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what I can do or handy websites? I am looking for a lesson plan/guide which uses themes to improve his vocabulary. We end every lesson with a sticker.

I was thinking of starting the lesson with a new song every week. Would that be good? Do note his parents do not allow screen time so I cannot show him any videos.

TL:DR Does anyone have any suggestions to fill up 2 hour lesson time with a just turned 3-year-old boy?