Where can I find cheap ESL books?

<b> Forum for the discussion of assessment and testing of ESL/EFL students </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

iteachesl

Where can I find cheap ESL books?

Post by iteachesl » Sun Jun 15, 2003 3:13 pm

Hi all,

I'm looking for places (on-line) where they sell ESL books at lower prices than retail. I'm looking for a specific book called "How to teach vocabulary" by Scott Thornbury and it is quite expensive if I want to purchase it "new".
I visited the www.eslauction.com site but to my surprise there was NOTHING listed in any category. Does anyone know if this site actually works?

Any info is appreciated.

Thank you[/b]

blanca

Post by blanca » Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:53 pm

stephen

Post by stephen » Mon Jul 21, 2003 4:45 pm

Don't know if this helps or not, but you never know! If you are working for a primary or secondary school, then you might be able to get the company who supplies you with textbooks to throw in some free-bees. Of course, they might not print the specific book you want, but you might get something useful out of it. (Remember, the more your school buys, the more chance you have of getting stuff for free, so if it buys a lot, then push the publisher for everything you can get!!)

Best of luck
Stephen

PS. If you do find any good internet sites for EFL material (with cheap delivery to Asia), I, for one, would be very grateful to see them posted on the web.

surrealia

Post by surrealia » Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:57 pm