A new, fast and easy way to learn languages

<b> Forum for elementary education ESL/EFL teachers </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

tfaoc

A new, fast and easy way to learn languages

Post by tfaoc » Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:50 am

Hello,

I would like to introduce you to a e-publishing house, which offers a brand new method for learning languages.
The Fine Art of Communication, www.fineartof.com , has ebooks for young children to learn English as a foreign language and also to use for Literacy (found in section 1).
Section 2 is for people from 11 to adult and uses the brand new method, where language learning is very easy and very fast.
This is a new website and TFAOC will be releasing more ebooks for more languages this year.

I hope you find it useful.

Gary Lord,

The Fine Art of Communication
Last edited by tfaoc on Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lorikeet

Post by Lorikeet » Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:04 am

Excuse me, have I understood your method properly? It seems you write a story in the native language, and put in words in English that can be figured out from the context? Is that right?

tfaoc

Post by tfaoc » Sun Mar 28, 2004 2:39 pm

Lorikeet wrote:Excuse me, have I understood your method properly? It seems you write a story in the native language, and put in words in English that can be figured out from the context? Is that right?
edit: Partly, it depends on the level of English of the children (for the section 1 ebooks).
The story is in the language to be learnt and the children should be able to understand the story either from the pictures (so they can then link the words to the pictures) or to be able to understand the sentence formation if their level is a little higher. The ebooks can be used in many ways and so can be adapted for the level of the children.

Lorikeet

Post by Lorikeet » Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:56 pm

tfaoc wrote:
Lorikeet wrote:Excuse me, have I understood your method properly? It seems you write a story in the native language, and put in words in English that can be figured out from the context? Is that right?
edit: Partly, it depends on the level of English of the children (for the section 1 ebooks).
The story is in the language to be learnt and the children should be able to understand the story either from the pictures (so they can then link the words to the pictures) or to be able to understand the sentence formation if their level is a little higher. The ebooks can be used in many ways and so can be adapted for the level of the children.
I was looking at the adult section. Part of your explanation of the method used is:
The products use the learner’s mother tongue or a language which they wish to use as their starting point of reference (first language).
* The products use the language that the learner wishes to study (second language).
* The second language is introduced within texts of the first language, whereby the words in the second language will be understood due to the context of the sentences or phrases.
I don't understand how you introduce the second language within texts of the first language since you have no examples that I could find.

tfaoc

Post by tfaoc » Sun Mar 28, 2004 6:58 pm

The first chapter is given as an example in section 2. As long as you accept the terms and conditions, you will be able to see how it works.

Lorikeet

Post by Lorikeet » Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:22 pm

I see, thanks.