Latest Technology Software

<b> Forum for the discussion on ESL/EFL computer software </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

Janis

Latest Technology Software

Post by Janis » Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:46 pm

I teach business ESL in Toronto, Canada. For several years I have also done volunteer work for a cognitive therapist in Toronto (people suffering from learning disabilities, strokes, head injuries). He produces remarkable results. He developed a software product that goes to the cognitive level of the brain and improves concentration, focus and memory. He has used this in his clinical practices for years, but it is just only now available to the public. My kids are University students, use the programs with remarkable results. The product is very different from other software products on the market today because it is dealing with a cognitive repair and also it is content free - meaning there is nothing to do when you are working on it other than concentrate. Dr. Gottfried advises if your hardrive is running at peak performance all the applications will run well. Anyway you might want to check out his website at www.sharperprograms.com

One last thing of interest with regard to ADD/ADHD and LD, apparently these problems may not show up in an ESL student until they start learning a new language!

GuyDude

re

Post by GuyDude » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:42 pm

Hello,

How long did it take to work for your kids? and how effective was it in terms of improvement (memory, attention, processing)?

Im also a uni student in Toronto and im considering giving the program a try yet I would like to do abit more research.

Tony