penpals for 6-14 yrs old in Africa

<b> Forum for teachers who'd like to coordinate keypal projects with other teachers </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

theresa

penpals for 6-14 yrs old in Africa

Post by theresa » Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:28 pm

Hi! Myself and another class teacher are really interested in finding pen pals for kids from an African country as we are going to do a project preferably from a country where education is in English. We are going to be working at an &#304;nternational school in Turkey with kids from lots of different backgrounds with English as the common language :lol:

Sekhmet

Post by Sekhmet » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:28 pm

Hey,
I replied to your post on the Job Discussion forum. I teach kids aged between 6 and 8, who would be ideal for developing a project of this sort. Ok, so Egypt isn't exactly Africa, but you will admit there is a lot of history here!!! :D
My students go to an English Language school, so they speak predominantly in English all day. Therefore, their level is higher than you would expect from their age-group!!!
Please email or PM me if you are interested in this opportunity.
Sekhmet.

Teacher of Dyslexic Kids

Maybe we can help out

Post by Teacher of Dyslexic Kids » Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:09 am

I have about 20 kids I teach in grades 1st - 5th grade. We are interested in pairing with other classrooms to participate in the Monster Exchange program (http://www.monsterexchange.org/) for 6 weeks. Please feel free to email me if you are interested.

pizza12345

I teach 5th grade in Los Angeles, California

Post by pizza12345 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:39 pm

Hi! I have 30 students, ages 10, that are very willing and excited to have pen pals for Africa. Send me an email if you are interested. I'll give you more details then.

[email protected]