EF vs. Interchange vs. Let's Talk vs. Headway...?!

<b> Forum for the discussion on ESL/EFL textbooks </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

bigbob

EF vs. Interchange vs. Let's Talk vs. Headway...?!

Post by bigbob » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:35 am

Hello!

I'm trying to find out about different textbooks, and I was wondering if anyone could help. If you've used any of the books below it would be really useful to hear what you think.

New EF
Interchange
Let's Talk
Headway
English Update
New Side by Side
English Know-How
Select Readings
Reading Power

Thanks a lot.

Bob :D

Alexanndra

Post by Alexanndra » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:15 am

I haven't used any of the texts you've mentioned, but I've flipped through many of them in the bookstores, and wasn't too impressed. The one I like is the Focus on Grammar series (don't be scared by the name!). I also use the Betty Azar series, but I much prefer FOG, which I've only been using for a short time, but with a much better student response.

wasana063

Post by wasana063 » Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:37 pm

I have seen some of these books. For Interchange and Let's talk, they are from Cambridge University Press. They are good for conversation course especially Let's talk which also has the cd for the self study. About Interchange, it can be used for teaching grammar and conversation course. Both of them have the cassetes for opening in class too.
For Headway, I can't remember which press it is from. Anyway, it seems to be a good source for grammar course. A lot of language schools use Headway in Thailand.
Hope this is helpful for you.
Wasana