help me teaching oral for efl students

<b> Forum for teachers and administrators of IEP programs </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

falcon_teacher

help me teaching oral for efl students

Post by falcon_teacher » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:59 am

hello everybody, i am quite a new teacher. i just got my master degree in TESOL. i am teaching in an institute that offers an intensive english program for efl stduents. the coordinator of the school wants me to teach oral for prepartory level. i wonder what are some of the methods and techniques that i can use with prep stduents. by the way, the pregram is 8 months for four levels prep, elem., interm., and adv. each level is two months. help me out! thank you so much.

revel

referral

Post by revel » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:52 am

Hey there!

First of all, I refer you to posts I have made on this discussion forum. You simply have to click on my name and ask to see all my posts. You ought to be able to distinguish between those that offer useful information in relation to your petition, and those that are simply comments I am making on the subject at hand. There are many others who might suggest you do the same with their posts.

Make sure you check out the other sections of Dave's, there are a lot of ideas in the cookbook....(sounds like I'm advertising).

Finally, I personally think you ought to contribute. Looking around the site, I notice that people who have just joined and directly ask for advice don't seem to stick around that much, I'm not even sure if they bother to read the advice left for them. If you've just finished a master's, you will have plenty to say in any of our discussions, and when we get to know one another, we tend to open up more. And the discussions are just another way to get that information that you want, and when they are two or three or five-way, that means lots to choose from.

peace,
revel.

Lorikeet

Post by Lorikeet » Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:28 pm

I think it's also worthwhile to check the old posts. We often wind up getting questions on the same thing over and over again. There are some gems in some of the answers you might not want to miss. ;)