Audio CD's and Cassettes question

<b>Forum for teachers teaching adult education </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

Alexanndra

Audio CD's and Cassettes question

Post by Alexanndra » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:53 am

Hi everyone,

I've never used the audio CD's and cassettes that most publishers sell along with their texts, but I'd like to start. However, I have one question...which equipment do you like best...a CD player or cassette player? I thought it was hands down a CD player, but then I remembered reading somewhere here that using cassettes was "easier". Why would this be?

Thanks,
Alexanndra

lapietra

Post by lapietra » Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:11 pm

I've found cassettes easier to use usually because it is easier to manipulate going back to re-play a short segment of the script. It can be done with a CD but it's not as precise.

Alexanndra

Post by Alexanndra » Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:13 am

OK, that makes sense. I've been using a CD player, and it's true, with mine you have to replay the whole track, when what you really want is just to back up a few seconds. But then again with a cassette player, it would be hard to find the track you left off on if you use the same tape for several different groups. I guess if you just used the tape with one group, you could just push stop and leave it there until the next class! Well, thanks for finally clearing up that doubt!