free video-based program on the web

<b>Forum for teachers teaching adult education </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

don sorsa

free video-based program on the web

Post by don sorsa » Fri Apr 25, 2003 7:48 pm

Hello - Several years ago I developed a multimedia program, English Insight, for various ESL/EFL courses, and I've distributed that program for free on CD's. Today I finally put the program and all the videos on the Web for free distribution, download, and use. I think (hope) everyone will be able to access and download this program, but a broadband connection is probably needed since these are rather large video files. This is my "public" unveiling of this site, so please put yourself in user-testing mode and let me know if anything doesn't work.

I showcased this program at TESOL in Baltimore and Deborah Healey talked about it at CATESOL. At that time, English Insight had mpeg videos and now it has Real videos, not quite the same quality but a much smaller file.

Please take a look and let me know if you have any problems, questions, suggestions, etc. I hope you find this program useful for intermediate and advanced level courses for adults and teens. Thanks for taking a look.

http://condor.depaul.edu/~dsorsa/START.HTM

Regards,
Don Sorsa
[email protected]
[email protected]
DePaul University

PS - I'm new to this group and apologize if I've done this wrong